Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Glimpse of Izzi

As I remember these moments, I'll have to sprinkle them in here and there - even if they won't be chronological.  These are fairly recent, however...

We've been "playing" a lot of Scrabble.  Basically, ever since we've been experiencing social distancing, we've had a board out on the counter and we all just contribute as we go.  Thursday, Izzi said she wanted me to get out the "kid Scrabble" so she could play.  I think we've entered the creative/invented spelling phase...

"See, Mom.  I'll just make my favorites."  Can you tell which family members she's thinking about?

Her creativity is also evident in play.  I sent the following text to my mom the other day:  "I'm currently playing the part of a teacher bunny rabbit who has adopted a baby giraffe whose parents and siblings died when it was younger and it needed to live in a home with someone who would protect it from octopuses who can walk on land and water and sometimes eat baby giraffes. 
 
"And now Cookie Monster (who sometimes eats cookies and sometimes eats baby giraffes due to his magical powers) is wanting to come in to the house."
 
But it got even worse.  "Now there's a spider who, despite its size, can also eat baby giraffes.  Because it first takes small bites and then grows larger until it can eat the whole thing.  But don't worry: Blue, the helper bunny, just squished the spider with his magical sock." 

           Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up!  She always keeps us laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment