Hopefully I'll be keeping up better (ha! We've heard that somewhere before!), but in going through pictures I thought I'd just do a quick and random update from Anya's 3rd grade year thus far…
 |
| My 3rd Grader, Mrs. McKee's Class, October 2013 |
 |
Anya and cousins, Grant and Grace, at the time of Ian's viewing.
We were so glad they were there to help her deal with the emotional roller coaster she was feeling. |
 |
| Anya with cousins, Cael and Beck, decorating and carving pumpkins at Grandpa David's just before Halloween. |
 |
SuperCat, Cowboy, and Beck (who didn't want to wear his costume) at the Ogden Nature Center Halloween Walk
|
 |
| Apparently last year I failed in my attempt at helping Anya with crazy hair day. |
 |
| She thought we did better this year. |
 |
| Nope. No dog yet. She's just planning for the future. She decided to learn to do counted cross-stitch with Mom and designed this pattern and went right to work -- so she'll be prepared. |
 |
| Seriously, what other child voluntarily fills her backpack with large rocks? Isn't there an object lesson…? |
And that's Anya this year...
That is hilarious that Anya fills her back pack with rocks. Jack was filling his pockets with all kinds of things last year. I called him a pack rat and he got more encouraged. Once I found a 4 inch shard of glass in his pocket and I explained he could have cut his femoral artery! Then he started slowing down on the collection that was gathering in his closet.
ReplyDeleteThe other day I needed a piece of sandpaper for something and we didn't appear to have any -- until Anya checked her collection ("of really useful things") and found some for me. After thanking her and telling her I was glad she had her collection, she replied, "Bet you never thought you'd be saying that, huh Mom?" And she hasn't let me forget it since. 😄
ReplyDelete