Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Big Night

It is 10:15 p.m. and Anya is still outside "camping" in Grandpa David's backyard with her dad in a tent which she helped to set up. The "campout" began with a dutch oven dinner, followed by campfire, marshmallows, and smores. She then helped her dad set up the tent and ran in to get her barbies to sleep with her. She was so excited and it was so cute to see. I didn't actually expect it to last this late, so we'll see if they make it to the morning.

Because she was outside, I was able to spend a quiet bedtime routine with Ian. I read 3 books and he looked from my face to the book each time. Then I was able to sing several primary songs and hymns as he listened intently, watching my eyes and mouth alternately. I truly felt we were communicating spirit to spirit. When he was first diagnosed, I began thinking about all the things I hoped he knew and learned in this life -- what was truly important. Though I think he understands many things far better than I do, I am thankful for these moments when I am able to share my testimony with him and really feel that he is understanding. The song of the righteous truly is answered with blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment