Sunday, May 30, 2010

After the Enhancement...


Later the week of the enhancement ceremony, when Ian's school (among others in the area) were collecting donations for Millington families, I talked to Anya about the situation. I explained what had happened, reminding her of the storms, and asked how she would feel if she had to leave her house during the storms and came back to find all of her things ruined or gone. Being the tender-hearted girl she is, she burst into tears and said, "No! Don't tell me that!" I then asked how she would feel if another little girl who had lots of nice things and a safe house gave her some new clothes and dry things. She was excited about the idea -- she even volunteered one of her favorite outfits -- and she and I went to Walmart where she picked an outfit for a girl about her age and picked the color of the bath towels and cloths that we bought. Then, bags in hand, she helped me deliver them to Ian's school. I hope she remembers the experience -- I was very proud of my little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, you are amazing. I hope I can grow up to be the kind of mom you are.

    ReplyDelete