Monday, October 26, 2009

Only Anya

The days of spelling to keep things from the children are numbered. Anya has become quite good at spelling and sounding out. She is constantly writing...lists, stories, pictures with words, letters, etc. It's so fun to see her sprawled out teenager-style on her stomach with her feet up in the air, pen in one hand and "journal" (i.e. any smallish notebook she can find) in front. The other day I found the following:

JAC THE FRENDLE BRD PERUCET

I was impressed...Until tonight. As she was taking Jack's cage back to her bedroom, she looked inside and began laughing. "P-O-O-P! P-O-O-P!" She could barely push the cage she was laughing so hard. Do four-year-olds usually spell their potty words? What a kid!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how smart she is! No, four year olds do not normally spell potty words. (By the way, can I hire her out as an editor for some of my students' papers? I think her spelling is ahead of a few.)

    ReplyDelete